Bring the magic of the holidays to our patients and families this holiday season! Explore our opportunities below to find your perfect fit:
Join our Virtual Toy Drive
Create a fundraising page and collect donations from friends & family both near and far. 100% of donations go to the Fun Fund, allowing the Child Life and Integrative Therapies team to purchase custom gifts for unique patient needs at the holidays and year-round.
Host a Toy and Gift Card Drive
Collect new toys in original packaging from our Wish List. Toys are used to stock the playroom, to celebrate a holiday or birthday spent in the hospital, and to engage patients at the bedside to help reach developmental milestones.
Create a Giving Tree
Involve your workplace, school, or community organization by decorating a Giving Tree for Packard Children’s. Ornaments labeled with holiday wishes will be provided. Contributors remove tag(s) from the tree and purchase gifts described on the tag for a child at the hospital.
Assemble Winter Activity Kits
Putting together activity kits is a fun volunteer activity to benefit our patients. Kits can be simple (a winter-themed activity books, snowman stickers, and snowflake pencils & erasers), or more complex crafts (DIY ornament, build a felt snowman, etc.).
- For infection control reasons, all items must be new with original packaging.
- For patient safety reasons, please do not gift wrap items.
- Please no food, toy weapons, cards, or letters to patients.
- All items are distributed by hospital staff. We do not have opportunities for donors to personally distribute donations to patients and families.
- For more information on our policies, please click here or contact Caitlin.Burns@lpfch.org.
Holiday Workshop Details
When your toy drive or activity kit project is complete, donations can be accepted by our team of elves at our Holiday Workshop located at 725 Welch Rd.
Contact us at Caitlin.Burns@lpfch.org or 650-498-7633 for additional details and to register your event.